December 24, 2006

Ass on Fire Vs. Fire in the Belly

My boss was telling me how he lit fire at the back of people, how he managed to get people running to get things done. His voice had a touch of proud as well as of making me understand the way things are done. "Nobody will do things at his own, we will have to push them" he said. I tried to make sense out of these lines and tried to correlate how do I work, what makes me do a good job.

I find that I do an excellent job when 'I' want to do it. That means, I have no pressure or force from anybody else (and not even from my mind and body). It is just like I want to do it because that is the right and the best thing to do. The force is from within, and it is not force. It is like you are moving always, only thing is now you are channelised, directed. now you are more relaxed and aware.

What happens when somebody forces some action on me. I do it for soembody else. I do not have nay motivation to do. Only force is fear of not doing, which drives the action. So I do the minimum required.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Greetings everyone, This webpage is terrific and so is how the matter was expanded. I like some of the comments as well although I would prefer we all maintain it on topic in order add value to the subject.

Anonymous said...

your site is very great!!!

Anonymous said...

great internet site My goal is to add this website in order to our facebook . as well